Learning Spaces: From Yesterday to Tomorrow
When we renovate a learning space on campus, time can feel warped. Some parts move at glacial speeds while others are lightning-fast. We need to look both forwards and backwards in time.
Join us to learn more about three projects that are at different stages today:
- Kennedy School, 2017: Ian Tosh, Senior Instructional Technologist, will discuss the Kennedy School’s renovations a year after the opening – what have we learned?
- Smith Campus Center, 2018: Julie Crites, Director of Common Spaces, will discuss the Smith Campus Center renovation – just opened!
- Harvard Hall, 2020: Cara Noferi, Senior Planner, FAS Physical Resources and Planning, will discuss the plans to renovate historic Harvard Hall. The planning process, led by Cara and Anne-Sophie Divenyi, Senior Capital Project Manager, has engaged faculty and staff in many creative ways including an active learning exercise in the summer of 2018.
Following brief presentations, we will ask the participants to share renovations happening in their corners of Harvard, and have plenty of time for conversations about what might be working or not working that would be good to share!
The TLC network convenes Affinity Groups around shared teaching and learning interests and professional objectives. The HILT Affinity Group for Learning Spaces organizes events throughout the year to highlight newly renovated spaces around campus and explore how well-designed learning spaces promote student learning. Additionally, the HILT Affinity Group for Learning Spaces will work toward developing shared resources and networks to support effective local decision-making. The co-chairs are:
- Annie Rota, Director of Academic Technology for FAS (HUIT)
- Mallory Stark, Curriculum Services Specialist, Baker Library
- Anu Vedantham, Director of Learning and Teaching Services for FAS Libraries
Location: Smith Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Isaacson Room
Space is limited so register soon!
- Monday, December 3, 2018
- 9:30am - 11:30am
Please visit my Guides Profile for details.