Webinar Screening: Applying Accessibility Heuristics to a Wireframe: Part 2
Join us for a screening of Deque Systems' on-demand webinar "Applying Accessibility Heuristics to a Wireframe: Part 2" This webinar is part 2 of 3 in the series.
Join Denis Boudreau and Aparna Pasi, two UX accessibility experts at Deque Systems, for this webinar. They will walk you through the fundamentals of a design review process for accessibility, based on the set of accessibility-focused heuristics introduced in the previous webinar session.
In this webinar, you will learn about the following accessibility heuristics:
- Language and readability: Content on the page can easily be read and understood by users of the system.
- Error prevention and error states: Interactive controls (i.e. form elements, widgets, etc.) have persistent, meaningful instructions to help prevent mistakes and provide users with clear error states which indicate what the problems are - and how to fix them - whenever errors are returned.
- Predictability and consistency: The purpose of each element is predictable, and how each element relates to the system as a whole is clear and meaningful, to avoid confusion for the users.
- Alternatives for visual and auditory content: Purely visual or auditory content that conveys information (i.e. images, icons, videos, notification sounds, etc.) has text-based alternatives for users who can’t see or hear.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- User Research Center - Lab