Do Right by Your Data: Defeating Bias(es) in the Multiverse of Research
Join this panel as they address:
- Diverse sources of bias, and how current experimental design, data management, and statistical practices attenuate their potential to confound research
- Ethical considerations when researchers make choices about the acquisition, use, analysis, and interpretation of data
- How different data management and data sharing practices can support or undermine the quality of research
We suggest reading “The 7 deadly sins of research” prior to attending.
- Jim Gould, PhD, Director, HMS/HSDM Office for Postdoctoral Fellows, Harvard Medical School
- Kim Serpico, MEd, CIP, Associate Director of IRB Operations, Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Daniel Wainstock, PhD, Director for Research Integrity, Office for Academic and Research Integrity, Harvard Medical School
Please register below to receive the Zoom webinar instructions.
Summer RDM Mini-Workshop: Data Experts Respond to the DMSP
RDM Mini-Workshops are free, open sessions featuring short presentations or demos and provide discussion with the research data community.
This summer we are helping you prepare for the forthcoming NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy. Join us Wednesdays at 12pm EST throughout the summer to learn about the various aspects of data management that will allow you to comply with the policy successfully. Offices from across the university will provide their expertise and outline their services available to help:
- Harvard Library
- Center for the History of Medicine
- HMS IT Research Computing
- HMS Office for Postdoctoral Fellows
- HMS Office of Research Administration
- HMS Office for Academic and Research Integrity
- HSPH Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance
Summer RDM Mini-Workshop Dates:
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Please register for each session for the zoom link.